Aquaphor Soothing Skin Balm is a water-free ointment that repairs, protects and soothes dry to very dry, cracked and irritated skin. It creates the ideal protective barrier to support skin regeneration and repair.
Aquaphor Soothing Skin Balm accelerates skin regeneration by providing essential nutrients that help maintain healthy looking skin.
What does Aquaphor do?
This all-in-one product:
- Accelerates skin regeneration
- Protects skin by forming a barrier
- Enhances skin repair
- Soothes irritated skin
Who is Aquaphor Soothing Skin Balm for?
- Very dry skin
- Cracked skin
- Irritated skin
- Very dry and cracked hands or cuticles
- Very dry and cracked skin on your feet.
- Minor burns; Please note This product should only be used on re-epithelialized skin (i.e. once new tissue has formed) and NOT on open or bleeding wounds
- After superficial dermatological procedures such as laser treatments and chemical peels.
Could you please give me more details on Eucerin Aquaphor Soothing Skin Balm?
- Do you have very dry, cracked, or irritated skin?
If so, Eucerin Aquaphor Soothing Skin Balm is a great product. It’s clinically and dermatologically proven to accelerate skin regeneration, so you can be sure that your skin will be healthy and happy again.
- If you have very dry and cracked hands or cuticles and wish to make them smoother:
If your hands or cuticles are very dry and cracked, try Eucerin Aquaphor Soothing Skin Balm. It’s proven to help improve skin condition overnight and results continue to improve with regular use.
- If you have a minor burn:
If you’re looking for a product to help you care for skin with a minor burn, Eucerin Aquaphor Soothing Skin Balm might be the right choice. The ointment supports damaged skin and helps to speed up skin regeneration but should not be applied on open or bleeding wounds.
Wait until skin has fully re-epithelialized (the medical term for when new tissue has formed) before using the ointment.
Eucerin Aquaphor Soothing Skin Balm supports skin regeneration after chemical peels and laser therapy but should only be used on skin that is fully re-epithelialized (i.e., not on open wounds).
At what age can you use Eucerin Aquaphor soothing skin Balm?
With only a few ingredients, it is well tolerated by sensitive skin, and is suitable for use on babies and children over 3 months of age.
How does Aquaphor Soothing Skin Balm work?
This water-free ointment forms a gentle, semi-occlusive, protective barrier over skin. It supports the natural transfer of water vapor and oxygen to and from skin allowing skin to ‘breathe’ and strengthen its natural protective barrier.
The ointment is enriched with Glycerin and Panthenol.
Glycerin is an effective moisturizer that attracts water and helps to keep it in the skin.
It works alongside Panthenol which helps to speed up regeneration and repair while also moisturizing skin.
It’s fragrance-free and preservative-free so it won’t irritate your skin—and it’s gentle enough for use on children.
Is Eucerin Aquaphor Soothing Balm for the face or body?
It can be used on both the body and the face.
Where can I use Eucerin Aquaphor Soothing Balm?
You massage it gently into problem areas of skin such as the:
- Cracked knuckles
- Cracked heels.
Skin can be re-epithelialized—that is, new tissue has formed—in 24 hours or less after treatment. However, it takes longer for deeper layers of the epidermis to heal and regenerate themselves.
This means that you should not use Eucerin Aquaphor Soothing Skin Balm until new tissue has formed; otherwise your treatment may not be as effective or could even cause further damage to your skin. Ask your Dermatologist how long you should wait before using it.
Have there been any studies on Aquaphor?
Clinical and dermatological studies have been conducted by the company. The results show a good efficiency and tolerability even on extremely dry, cracked, or irritated skin.
What are the main findings of the Aquaphor Soothing balm study?
Clinical and dermatological studies on Eucerin Aquaphor demonstrate its effectiveness (both overall and on specific parts of the body) and its skin tolerability (both overall and in terms of being non comedogenic).
Overall effectiveness of Aquaphor Soothing balm study
A 10-day trial in clinical conditions with a sample of 25 people aged between 18 and 50, showed that Eucerin Aquaphor Soothing Skin Balm significantly improved the time it took for skin to regenerate.
Effectiveness in treating dry, rough and cracked skin on the hands
In a further 7-day clinical study, a sample of 17 people applied Eucerin Aquaphor regularly to one hand while leaving the other hand as a control.
The study measured the results clinically using a corneometer (a scientific instrument used to measure skin hydration) as well as collecting feedback from the respondents. The results demonstrated that:
- the ointment delivers a statistically significant and noticeable improvement overnight to dry skin on the hands.
- with regular use for seven days skin condition continues to improve
Overall tolerability Aquaphor Soothing balm study
A tolerability study with a sample of 202 people aged between 17 and 65 showed no allergic reactions on using the product and demonstrated the excellent tolerability of the product.
In a further test, a sample of 27 people aged between 19 and 55 used the product at least once a day for four weeks. The dermatologists who evaluated the results concluded that the ointment is non-comedogenic.
How do you use Aquaphor Soothing Balm?
- Apply as frequently as needed on affected areas.
- A small fingertip of product is normally enough for both your hands. A medium fingertip of product is about right for problem areas on baby’s skin and a slightly larger amount is ideal for each of your feet.
- Massage into your skin using your fingertips. The ointment spreads easily as it warms.
- Do not use on open, bleeding or wet wounds. Wait until skin has re-epithelialized before using the product.
Dry to very dry, cracked skin
- Apply regularly to problem areas such as the knees, elbows, knuckles, cuticles and heels
Dry hands and cuticles
- Apply as often as needed, and every time you wash your hands
- A large fingertip of product is normally enough for your hands. As it warms, the ointment massages gently into your skin
- The texture makes it easy to use on specific problem areas and for softening cuticles
- An ideal overnight treatment for very dry hands or cracked knuckles. Use with or without cotton gloves as you prefer
Cracked heels and feet
- Apply after showering or bathing
- Two fingertips of product are normally enough for each of your feet
- As it warms, the ointment massages gently into your skin
- The texture makes it easy to use on specific problem areas
- An ideal overnight treatment for very dry feet and cracked heels
Skincare for minor burns
- Apply gently to minor (superficial, first degree) burns
- Do not use on open wounds: wait for skin to re-epithelialize (form new tissue) before applying
- Suitable for use on dry cheeks and in the diaper area
- Apply gently to baby’s sensitive skin
- A medium-sized fingertip of product is normally enough to cover each area
- Do not use on broken skin or open wounds